Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2019 Goals

I'm not writing this to talk about New Years Resolutions. There's seriously no point in a resolution, because everyone makes them and then by the end of January everyone's already forgotten all about whatever it was they vowed to do. Or they just gave up and stopped giving a shit, because after all, we're all just human.

No, I'm writing this to talk about serious goals I have for 2019, and honestly as it stands right now, there's not a lot of them. Nor are the ones I have (in theory) honestly that difficult to obtain. I've already discussed all of these with Jesus as well -or most of them, anyway, Honestly every goal requires money, but all are needed.

First, we need to get him a new car. Not a brand new, like 2019 $200,000 full size truck or anything. Just a new to him, used vehicle, because his is falling apart. So we need to get him a new car as soon as humanly possible. We're both thinking it should be possible by like February or March. I'm not 100% sold on that, because decent cars can be super expensive,  even when they're used, and our rent is over $1,000 a month, but its do-able. We're gonna get him a new car.

Second; I absolutely refuse to make it to 26 without a drivers permit, if not a license. I didn't even want to make it to twenty-five without being able to drive, but that just did not happen at all. So my goal is to have at least a permit before the end of March, and to already be saving up for a car. Then hopefully by the middle of May, maybe even end of April, get my license and hopefully be able to afford a car. Or be close to it.

I also want us to get a dog, though I'm not sure when. My first priorities are the cars, but I definitely want a dog. We're going to adopt one from a shelter, because not only is it needed, but its also cheaper. Plus then we can get one that's teenage or adult aged, so maybe they're not going to be completely nuts. I love puppies but it would be nice to not have to train them fully. Eventually I think I would want a puppy, but not right now. We're far too busy. and they're alone most of the day while we're at work. A puppy shouldn't be left alone, but an older dog probably could handle that better.
I also want a rat, Jesus wants a turtle and I'm kind of thinking a fish tank would be kinda nice to have as well. So we will definitely end up with a bunch of pets.

And then the biggest thing for 2019, and this is more of a pipe dream honestly. Especially because if I manage everything else, we're going to have a house, two cars with car insurance on them, and basically a zoo in our home. But I really, really, REALLY  want to go to Disneyland California for Halloween.

Mostly because I discovered like last month or something like that, that they don't just decorate the Haunted Mansion there for Nightmare Before Christmas, its a whole new ride. Its a complete NBC ride, and they have his badass Oogie Boogie outside of California Adventure, and just AHH! I just really want to go to Disneyland, and it would be awesome to explore southern California some, so I want to do that so badly. Though I've looked into it and planned out an entire trip before, and its like $3,000, so who knows if that's realistic. But its definitely something I want to do super badly.

Then there's goals that honestly are probably more important, and don't really cost money. I want to learn to relax, and practice self-care. Like frankly, its a little stupid. I watch so many damn YouTube videos on people practicing self- care, and all the techniques and stuff like that. Do I put any of it into practice myself? No. Instead I watch hours of videos on the subject, going "Oh that sounds so nice. I should do that." and then move on with my life as if I never even had the thought. And then I end up with stress headaches so bad that it fucks my vision and makes me unable to really eat for a week.

That's a new thing that's only just cropped up in the past couple weeks, and I'm frankly hoping it never fucking comes back because its so not welcome. But I know me and my inabilities to relax, so I really want to try to find things that'll help me. And I want hobbies again, like painting or sewing. I wanna take more pictures, and take more baths. Maybe do more yoga, since it really seemed to be helpful when I was actively trying a couple weeks ago.

I'm just hoping to do a lot more in 2019, and hopefully it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment