Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Fine Brothers: My Music has inspired me!

The Fine brothers are Youtube Famous, which doesn't always say much. For them though, their fame is at the top. That is because they are the creator's of the very popular Kids React and Teens React. Now they are also the creator's of a brand new series, My Music. I can't get enough of it, not only is it amusing as hell, but its a great way to bring music of all genres together in one place, for millions of people.
        Since it begun a few weeks ago, I've been paying attention to it. Being the aspiring music journalist I am, I feel they are on to something amazing. Their different segments are very well put together, and while I can not do the hour long live shows, or even the video thing there are ways I could grow from their ideas.
      I already do the news thing from time to time, and interviews, but what if I got more fan interaction? They get characters like Scene and Metal to do questions from fans and ask some of their own. I can't make them in video form like I'd like for now, but I could answer them either in special blogs each week or in a lyric video style kind of video. One where the question is posted, and then I type my answer, and any responses to my questions could have a screenshot in the video. It might not be ideal, but it could work.

   In case it isn't totally obvious, I'm always trying to improve Immortal Music, but honestly its hard when you're not getting any feedback. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this, but back at the beginning of the year I set up a schedule saying that every day I'd post news on Immortal Music, and new album reviews every Monday and Friday. Then on Music = Life, there'd be at least one hour of music every single day, games of Would You Rather every Monday, lyric games every Tuesday. I planned to post something every single of day of the week, but I fell behind and nobody even noticed, so I just decided it wasn't worth it.

        I'm thinking I may tweek my schedule a bit, and actually do it. I mean, come on, I could do it. I decided against doing band biographies, because quite frankly they are too much hassle. I now only post the ones that band managers themselves send me. Those are different, I don't need to keep up with them, because its just a quick synopsis about the band and that's it. I guess I practice doing those more, but I don't really care that much about those. If people don't know about a band, they just ask me and I can explain in like two sentences. Or people Google it and learn about it in like two seconds.

       Album reviews are honestly my favorite, they're quick and easy to right and you can really pay attention to the music. That's the entire point to the band, so what a better way to get to the point? When I write album reviews, I rarely write just one. I'll write at least two, but sometimes three or four in one sitting just because its not that time consuming. Yeah, it will sometimes take an hour or two, but I've got the time.
     So how about this? I keep posting the reviews the way I have been, which is several at a time, a couple times a week. Generally two or more get posted at a time, and if I wanted to, I could honestly post two or three times a week.
      Here's what I'm thinking you guys. I'll step up my game with the reviews, play either would you rather or some form of lyric game every day or something. The news will be posted at least once a week, maybe more, depending on what's going on in the music world that week. I'll post at least one graphic a week, maybe more, and on top of that I'll start taking fan questions and I'll do a 'question of the day' kind of deal, screenshot the best answers, and put it into a video. Sort of like some of the great YouTubers do, only different. I'll even let you guys pick what the song plays in the background.
If you're into these ideas, leave a comment here or on Music = Life telling me so. If more than say two people tell me they like the idea, I'll start the 'festivites' on Monday! I hope to hear from you guys soon, and I just hope you know that I appericate any feedback I get. Sorry if I took too long to get to the point, you should know by now that I'm very wordy.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment