Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm gonna have the weirdest house.

I have been thinking about redoing my room, just because I can. That got me thinking, once I move out, the place I live in is going to be the weirdest place ever. If I'm allowed to paint, I know my room will be purple. Probably a dark purple, and I imagine the living room being a bit calmer, but not really. Like a blue or something. That might have something to do with the fact that our living room is a sky blue, and has been since the week we moved in. I want the guest bathroom to be very bright and vibrant, like a semi bright yellow or something. Mine though, despite the fact that I am far from girly, will be girly. I've always wanted a pink bathroom, with all the makeup spread out, and fluffy towels hanging on racks, things like that. I don't know why, I just do.

     I haven't planned it all out, and of course not everything goes as planned, but the main thing about my house is for it to be unique. I already know that my house, instead of having normal art, and things, it will have framed band posters, and photographs that I personally took all over the house. I also really want to have random little things that are conversation starters. Like a tie dye beanbag chair, an antique looking phone, a random splash of color on the wall, ect.

     I don't like matching things, and that's sort of obvious by the way my house is. I'm not kidding, on the outside it looks normal for the most part, but when you walk in the door you see colors. The kitchen is bright yellow, the living room/ dining room is medium blue, my room is too shades of purple, and my brother's room is orange. The only normal colored rooms in the house are my parents room, and both bathrooms.

         I mainly want to have odd little knick knacks and things. I got that idea from an old Shane Dawson video, where he was asking fans what random things he should put in his house. Most people said a stripper pole, but for Shane's fans, that's not surprising a bit. I might not go that far, or I might, I don't know yet!

   My room now reflects who I am a lot, and I like that. A room, or a house, should reflect on who you are. My room shows that my favorite color is purple, and that I'm obessed with music. The notebooks spread out on a bookcase show that I'm a writer, the framed photographs show that I'm a photographer. On top of that, the fact that I have a ton of Disney and girly movies proves that while I look one way, I still have my girly side to me.

   I want to one day have my own actual office for Immortal Music, and I've already decided that I'm going to have a prop room. None of the bands will see it, but before anyone comes in for an interview or photoshoot, I'll go and put random things in the room, just to see what they do. Like if it was say, All Time Low, I'd probably put a lot of toys in the room for them. Or Blood On The Dance Floor, lightsabers would be perfect. I'd want them to feel comfortable, and to remember me differently then they remember everyone else.

So, I'm going to stop now, I want to get started on my room. Leave a comment telling me about your room/ house. Or, what random thing you'd want, just because?

No comments:

Post a Comment