Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Parents need to realize when their job is complete

I was listening to Shinedown's song, "Second Chance" and got to thinking about how true the lyrics are. A parent's job is never fully done, but they need to realize when the majority of it is done. There comes a time in every kid's life when they suddenly realize that they are no longer a child. You start seeing the world different. Some people are ready to take on the world, some are not. That's perfectly fine though. Anyone who is not ready will get there in time. I personaly though, am ready. I view the world totally different, the past few months have really changed me a lot. I'm still myself, I'm still the girl that likes to talk on the phone until midnight, and gets excited over Build A Bear, but I am also the adult that knows that I need to be tactful about life. I know you need money to do things, and that nothing comes easy. The difference between being a kid and being an adult is knowing when you need to be serious, and when you can joke around. There's honestly not a big difference between adults and kids. Even adults like to do stupid little things like play in the sprinklers from time to time, or watch kids movies for no reason. Unfortunately, my parents have yet to realize that they've done they're job, and  they've done it well.

"Tell my mother, tell my father I've done best I can to make them realize this is my life. I hope they understand. I'm not angry, I'm just saying sometimes goodbye is a second chance. "

Parents have to let you say goodbye sometimes so they can look and see what a good person they've created. Or sometimes, a goodbye will make everything better. It doesn't always. Saying goodbye helped my relationship with my dad a lot, but it tore my relationship with my mother apart. They need to realize though, I have major dreams, and I know I can reach them. I know now that I can stand on my own two feet.

I don't need them like I used to. I still need them in my life, I just no longer need them to make all the descions. I really wish my mother would see that. I don't think she even realizes she does it, but in a way, she seems to think she can still control my life. Has anyone else felt like this? Like their parents attempt to control your life, even though you're old enough to make your own choices?

  I've noticed if my mom knows I'm in an arugment with anyone, she will even go so far as to say, "Tell them I said.." or, "Say this.." Come on, really? Nobody cares what you say about the situation, Mom. Its not your fight its mine, and I'm going to use my words not yours. Is my mom the only one that does that? I give you, I used to be too nice for my own good, and let everyone walk all over me, but she needs to realize that I'm no longer like that.

     This past year has actually changed me a lot. I'm not a naive kid anymore. I'm an adult. Why doesn't anyone understand that? I actually feel grown up now. Its only recently hit me that I am grown up, and so are most of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment