Sunday, April 8, 2012

Random Blog #19: Easter (and my views on religion)

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating this holiday. I personally am not, as I feel its only a holiday for those who are either young enough to believe in the Easter Bunny, or are very religious. I am neither of those things, so my family is doing nothing for this holiday. Quite litterally, nobody has acknowledged the day yet. I suppose I could, but why? It really doesn't matter to me.
   I saw that Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides posted about Easter through several Tweets through Twitter. I found it through a fan page, that was inspired by a Bryan Stars interview, but his messages got me thinking.
           "We celebrate two birthdays for Christ in this country. Regular birth and undead rebirth. What's everyone doing for the lords zombie bday?
 I remember loving Easter as a kid, in the. Catholic church it's like the super bowl of holy days.
 Btw where in the bible does it talk about the lords love of protein based scavenger hunts? Jesus loves egg trickery
 That wasn't a slight at anyone's beliefs, I just love how we all (myself included) openly practice random traditions without any skepticism."
  Keep in mind, Andy has said in interviews before that he is not religious, but grew up in a semi religious household. What all he just said there, which was about four Tweets, was a lot like what I often think about this holiday. Before I go on further, explaining myself, I want to say one thing. I personally hate religion, but I'm not looking to start trouble. I don't care if you have a religion, I don't care if you're proud of it. I just don't want you craming it down my throat. Please do not be offended by anything I am about to say, I am only speaking my mind.
       It never made sense to me, how someone can die, and then rise again jsut a few days later. I've always said, if its real at all, there must have been either magic or a horrible, horrible mistake. Like they all thought he was dead, and then he finally managed to get the strength up to say "I'm alive." I've never actually read the Bible, so I'm not entirely sure how everything is told. I can't wrap my brain around how Christians believe Jesus was so amazing, but yet they don't believe in magic. I was told several times not to put human limits on God, but yet they'd then still say, "He did it without magic." Its impossible to do some of the things he supposedly did, then!

  Also, I've never understood why we celebrate the fact that someone died! Good Friday is the day Jesus was hung on the cross, why the fuck is that a good thing??? Think of how much that had to hurt! I always found it to be heartless that the stories say that "God sacrificed his only son for your sins." I think that's horrible! You do not tell your son, "Oh, I'm gonna put you up on a cross so you can save the rest of the world." It doesn't work that way anyways! How can one person getting killed save the world? It doesn't. Well, I suppose it could, if that person had been trying to take over the world or something.
       Another thing is I hate how hypocrtical and judgemental so many devout Christians are.  I'm not saying all of them are, but I've seen several supposed "Good Christians" say "Don't judge people, its a sin." but yet if you don't agree with them their automatic response is to correct you, and tell you the 'truth'. If you still don't believe them, they say, "Well, then I'm sorry, but until you let God save you, you will not be getting into Heaven."
     That's something else I don't understand. If God is all forgiving, why would anything short of being an all around horrible person stop you from getting into Heaven? I don't believe in Hell either, I believe that's life. We got through a ton of shit in life, but you suck it up and deal with it, or you crash down and feel sorry for yourself. I feel like everyone can get into Heaven, unless you did some horrible thing like were a terrorist, serial killer, rapist, or something like that. If you are one of those people, I feel like you just die. That's it. You get nothing else after that, because you didn't deserve it. You won't even have the option of letting your spirit roam the world, you're just dead in the ground. Morbid, I know, but that's how I feel it goes.

   I don't like it when people push relgion on me, and I don't try to change people's minds about their beliefs. What they believe, is what they believe, and what I believe is what I believe. That's fine. I've never seen any real proof that there is anything, and I do find it very hard to believe. If someone could find me tangable proof, maybe my mind will change. Until then, my mind is made up. That simply means, I believe in a higher power, but I don't believe in active religion.

  How do you feel about religion? What do you believe? I want to know, so leave a comment and tell me how you feel. To anyone who celebrates Easter, happy Easter. I hope its filled with family, candy, and plenty of delicious foods. For all those who don't, well, do what I do: Look forward to the discounted candy tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment