Friday, December 23, 2011

My first SONG review ("Across Oceans" -His Lament Featuring Cisko Miranda of Arizona heavyweights & Eyes Set To Kill)

I had never reviewed just a song before, but a friend of mine came to me and asked me if I could review their latest song, "Across Oceans". So here is what I thought of His Lament's latest song, "Across Oceans."
It starts off slow, and that surprised me greatly. Their normal sound is much harder, so the piano and slowed down lyrics surprised me. In the first view seconds of the song, the lyrics basically state that its hard to be away from home, and one could only assume it was due to touring or work related. I liked the violins that pick up about thirty seconds into the song, that added something nice to it. It was a great way to build up to their usual metal sound.

          While I found the screaming slightly hard to understand, it still sounded like whoever does the screaming knows what they're doing. That was good enough for me, only time its not is if they sound like they're going to hurt themselves trying to scream. I really liked how the screaming and normal singing flowed, sometimes it isn't very smooth, but in this song it is. I also liked the lyrics, from what I could understand. Normally, I have the lyrics handy when I review things, but in this case I did not.

 Over all, I do think this is a good snong. Not quite my style, but still good. I'd highly recommend it to people, espeically if you're into bands like Eyes Set To Kill and Asking Alexandria. Go check "Across Oceans.", and their other songs out now. They have an album coming out soon, I'll get more details on that.

Leave them a comment telling them what you think at the link below!
His Lament

No comments:

Post a Comment