Friday, December 2, 2011

Best. Night. Ever! (Adelita's Way, Art Of Dying and Emphatic concert!)

Best. Night. Ever. Not only did I get to interview Rick from Adelita's Way, Cale from Art Of Dying, and Art Of Dying's manager, but I actually got the once in a life time chance of hanging out with the bands. How many people can ever get the chance to say, "Hey, I stood there singing Nickelback songs with Cale Gontier of Art Of Dying" or "I watched Rick from Adelita's Way get litterally picked up by a radio DJ and another guy for no real reason at all while taking shots."

             The concert was held at Porky's Roadhouse in Port Charolette, FL, and I can not say enough good about this place. Its small and intimate, open three days a week, the staff is all really friendly and nice. Their owner, Leon, actually offered to help me out with interviews, and the bartenders, Nancy and Michele (those are the only two I talked to you) were beyond sweet.

          Everyone was really sweet, the staff, and the bands. We all know that rockstars are just normal people, but you do not believe it fully until you see it. I over an hour of time with Art Of Dying, parts of Emphatic and the lead singer of Adelita's Way, Rick. Plus, I got autographs, and as mentioned before, interviews. I never got to do an interview in person before, so I'm sure you can imagine my excitment.

          I got there around 6:30, and the doors didn't even techincally open until 7, and they told us that Adelita's Way was not in the building at that time. They dropped by, fixed up their equipment, and then headed out to the local radio station, 99x. The other bands were there, in fact two of the guys in Art Of Dying were just chilling and playing pool in the room. I talked to them for a bit, and left them alone.I was very surprised to realize that Jeff, their drummer, actually remembered my name a few hours later. They told me I'd have to talk to their tour manager about an interview, but Jeff said if its fine by their manager, he'd happily do an interview with me.

        While I did get my interview, it was split up between their manager, T.J, and Cale, their bassist. T.J answered the majority of the questions, but then after the show Cale helped me out with the rest. I was so thrilled, and they both knew it. I am pretty sure I thanked T.J, Cale, and Rick a thousand times each.

      How I got my interview with Rick was interesting. He walks in the door, and I recongized him. He got swarmed with fans, but after it cleared up a bit, my friends and I got pictures with him, and then I was just talking to him. I told him I recently interviewed Mayday Parade, and actually had questions thought up for Adelita's Way. I did not ask  for an interview, just said I have questions, and the next thing I know, he's saying "After the show, let's do it!" He kept to his word too, he answered about four questions minutes after getting off stage, then went back to the bus to shower and get changed and while he was carrying on with his friend's, he answered all my questions.

                Cale came shortly after Rick answered the first few questions. I was actually waiting on Jeff, but Cale was talking to a friend of mine, and he saw me standing there and asked what was up. I told him I was trying to finish my interview, and he asked with who. My saying "You" (meaning Art Of Dying) baffled him for a minute, but then I explained that I was actually waiting on Jeff, but if he'd wanna answer the questions, I'd be cool with that too. So he did. I only had three questions left for him, plus I added on. The interviews will both be up, probably sometime today or tomorrow. I will also try to get the pictures all up too.

        New Medicine was unable to make the show, but Emphatic, Art Of Dying, and Adelita's Way were amazing. Emphatic actually did something I never saw anyone actually do, except for music videos, where its totally planned. For their last song, which was "Bounce", Patrick, the lead singer, suddenly was like, "Who wants to come up on stage? You know what, come on, take pictures from the stage! Get up here." Or something along those lines. Pretty much half of the people -including myself and two friends- were on stage. Yes, I did get pictures from the stage. That was fucking incredible! I told them so too, I have never ever ever gotten to do something like that.

        This whole night was full of firsts. It was my one friend's first rock concert, my first one in a bar, and the first time I have ever gotten to just hang out with the bands. I have met people before, but its usually only a few minutes with the band, if that, so it was really something getting to "party" with them. The bar was slowly clearing out, but some people were still in there, especially the bands. I mostly hung out with Cale from Art Of Dying, for several reasons. A) He was hanging out with one of my friends. B) He was really nice, and fun. C) -This is the true fan in me-, he was hot. Cale, if you ever see this, I am jealous that you kissed my friend, not me. Laughing my ass off at that comment.

      It is not a completely off the wall thought that he may see this. He told me himself to share any and all pictures with them, so it would only make sense if he also read everything I said about them. It may not happen, but who knows, it could happen.

   I will never forget this night. Getting a ton of great pictures, singing and dancing for the hell of it with these insanely sweet rockstars, watching Cale fake rape his friend, and get his ass smacked by his tour manager. I am not kidding, that actually happened. I got a bit of a dirty look from Cale (playfully), because I said I wish I had the camera out.

       I heard some interesting things too, some of it will be in the interviews, so I will not mention that here, but I heard from someone who is a childhood friend of Rick from Adelita's Way, that he used to be a Chip-And-Dale's dancer. For those who do not know, that is a male stripper. Honestly, I wasn't surprised. He was dancing like he knew what he was doing.

    So, its 3:57am, I am going to cut this off and go to bed. Expect pictures and interviews within the days to come. Best night of my life, I am sure I will never forget it! Thank you to Porky's Roadhouse for having such an epic event, and thank you to Emphatic, Adelita's Way and Art Of Dying for being such awesome people. You really impressed me with your kindess.

No comments:

Post a Comment