Sunday, November 13, 2011

Big Time Rush has just gone and pissed me off! (We need to bring this to ATL's attention)

I am not hating on them, I want to say that first and formost! However, I am hating on what the fuck they did. Its never cool when a band steals another band's song and does not give them credit, its no different then you drawing a picture, giving it to one of your friends, and then they act like they worked so hard on it. Everyone want the credit where the credit is due, and I thought people had gotten better about it.

           Guess not. I have not heard of songs getting stolen in years, though off the top of my head I can not name a single one that got stolen. I know there have been some in the past, but maybe I wasn't aware of any of them. You probably already know this, as anyone that follows Byran Stars on Faceook or Twitter, or even YouTube has probably already heard, but Big Time Rush stole All Time Low's song, "No idea." I didn't think a thing of it until I heard it.

          I thought to myself, Oh come on, guys, its just a cover. If you don't like it, so what? That's no reason to hate on it. I like some of BTR's music, and I adore All Time Low, so I listened to it. All the words are changed, except for the chorus, and that seriously pissed me off. To make it worse, they are putting it on their sophmore album, which I discovered comes out on November 21, along with several good albums.

      I thought Disney did shit like that, ripping off good music and all that. I thought all musicians would respect one another, and know better than to steal each other's work. Its not easy to write songs, and I know All Time Low worked hard on this. I don't know if they're aware of this, but if they're not they should be. I want every All Time Low fan to go post on ATL's Facebook page talking about this rip off, Tweet Jack, Alex, Zack, and Brian, and the All Time Low accounnt, even bring it to the attention of Interscope. I think this is very wrong, because they're claiming its theirs and its not. Its clearly not, if you've heard "No Idea" you'll know that. I know nobody really reads my blogs, so I'm probably talking to myself, but this is a serious matter. A very good band has been ripped off, and that's a problem. They need to get the correct credit, and quite frankly, I don't think Big Time Rush deserves to have that on their album. Its not a cover, its a rip off.

        Help ATL out, spread the word about it. Oh, and don't go by BTR's album, Elevate. That's just supporting them and their stealing. Which is a crime, by the way. I don't know if they write their own songs or if some of the writers for Nickelodon do, but either way, someone knew what the hell they were doing. Big Time Rush, is honestly the boy and Nickelodon verison of Hannah Montana. I don't want them to get as shitty as she did. Either way, my opinion just went way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment