Saturday, November 19, 2011

THE NOISE TOUR (How it was!)

So last night was the second to last night of Mayday Parade's Noise Tour. It featured (in this order), The Make, There For Tomorrow, You Me At Six, We Are The In Crowd, and of course, Mayday Parade. As I have been saying on the Facebook page for some time now, I got the honor of getting into the Street Team Meet And Greet for Mayday Parade. After much confusion, and actually asking Alex Garcia himself where it was, along with two of the You Me At Six guys,  several security guards, and many miscellanious fans, we finally were able to get inside.

              They had to go get Mayday Parade's tour manager, Mike, and he let us in. I had already spoken with him on the phone, so I'm assuming that's why it was so casual. I've done other meet and greets before, but they were never like this. The band, all except their bassist, Jeremy Lenzo, was down in the pit of the club, just wandering around down there. They are all so sweet! They didn't hesitate at all to take pictures, sign things, or just stand there talking with you. We did miss Jeremy, which was a shame, since he was the one I got to interview, but its still ok. He had been down there, but since we were late getting in there due to confusion, we missed him.

        We had to go outside again to get my photo pass, which ment I got to skip the barricade in the pit to get right up to the stage. Myself, and about six other people got to do so, though I wasn't informed until right before You Me At Six went on stage that I could go up there for the first three songs of every band, not just Mayday Parade. So unforunately, I missed out on that for The Make, and There for Tomorrow, and actually didn't get a lot for You Me At Six (because the security guard only let me in there for one song.), but I was right there for We Are The In Crowd, and Mayday Parade.

          I didn't know a lot of the songs the other bands played, but I knew all of the ones Mayday Parade played. Before that though, I know There For Tomorrow played "Pages" for the first time on this tour, You Me At Six played "Little Death" (I think, I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to them) and a few others that I recongized, but couldn't quite place. The crowd went nuts for them though. It was cool seeing the crowd get more pysched with every band.

       The first band was a new band from California, The Make, and while I had never heard them, they're really good. I loved their passion and energy, they were so into it, plus you could tell this was still a treat for them, not a job to them. We got to meet the singer (who's name I unfortunately do not know) and their keyboardist / guitarist (who's name I also do not know). The drummer and bassist disappeared out of thin air, we looked around, but could not find him anywhere, so we just sort of gave up. Ironically, my mom who wasn't even seeing the concert (though she was in the parking lot), did meet the bassist outside. We also got their autographs on a free poster they were giving out, which was cool. They both seemed surprised because we complimented not only their talent, but we said the lead singer was adorable and the keyboardist was pretty. I'm not sure why they were so surprised we'd say that, because its the total truth.

          We hung out with some people we met outside the venue before the concert started through most of There For Tomorrow, though my attention was sparked when he said something about they hadn't played "Pages" at all this tour, so they wanted to. I recorded it, but the sound quality isn't too great, unfortunately. Everything else is great though.

        We were in the pit for some of You Me At Six, but that was only for a few songs. For some reason we didn't really pay much attention to them. However, once We Are The In Crowd got on stage, we didn't leave the pit, so we defentily paid attention. We were getting tired of trying to push past people, so we just decided to hang out down there for the remainder of the show.

          While I didn't know a lot of We Are The In Crowd's music, I quite enjoyed their set. They were so into it, you could tell they were having a blast even though both the lead singer, Taylor, and the guitarist, Jordan were injured. Taylor told me before the show that she fell, so her foot was in a walking cast, and while on stage she told the audience a story about Jordan getting the bright idea to climb a fence while drunk. Instead of really climbing it, he sort of flew over it, and landed on the bassist, Mike, which resulted in many cuts upon his face. I felt bad he was injured, but the story amused me. Everyone, even Jordan, seemed amused.

          Then it was time for Mayday Parade, which was obviously the one everyone was the most excited for. On and off for half an hour before they actually took the stage the audience would chant "Mayday". Only for seconds at a time, but it'd die down and pick up again several times. By the time it finally started everyone was going nuts, even the boys on stage! They didn't strike me as the hyper types, but they defentily are!

        Since tonight is the final night of the Noise tour, and anyone going to it will not be reading this until after the show, I feel it is safe to say the set list. These songs are not in order, and I do feel like I forgot a song or two, but here's what I recall them doing. They opened with "Oh Well, Oh Well", then played "Jersey", then "Anywhere But Here." I'm a bit fuzzy on the order of the songs, but they also played, "Kids In love", "Miserable At Best", "Stay", "When You See My Friends", "Jamie All Over", "No Heroes Allowed", "Black Cat", "When I Get Home You're So Dead", "Walk On Water Or Drown", "Three Cheers For Five Years" and ended with "One Man Drinking Game."

        Never before have I ended up crying during a concert due to the music before. They played "Miserable At Best", and "Stay" together. Derek asked for the crowd to tell him they wanted him to play a sad song, so of course everyone did, and then he started in on "Miserable At Best". As if that song wasn't touching enough, he went right into "Stay". I was choking up a bit on the words to "Miserable At Best", for personal reasons, but I completely lost it when I realized he was started "Stay". I felt like I shouldn't have been crying, but then I had a thought. Music is supposed to be relatable, the bands want their fans to be moved by their words. They were so moved at some point that they wrote the lyrics, so it only makes sense that they'd probably be very touched to hear that a fan could relate to a song so much that they cried while screaming the lyrics.

       Some people may view that as a fangirl sort of deal, but I don't. I view it as life. Its just one person connecting with another. It was an incredible night, and I am truly honored that I got this experience. Much thanks to Mayday Parade's managers Jaime and Mike, you guys made a dream of mine come true, and you can gurarentee I'll never forget your kindess. Thank you to We Are the In Crowd, You Me At Six, We Are The In Crowd, The Make, and of course, Mayday Parade for sharing your music with the world. You do the world justice just by singing your heart out night after night.

       Oh, I also feel I should mention this, Derek Sanders, Mayday Parade's lead singer said that two months ago he fathered a baby girl. I found it incredibly sweet that he'd mention her on stage in front of a thousand people/

        That was defentily one of the best nights of my life, I've never gotten to experience anything quite like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment