Sunday, November 13, 2011

Talking about some deep shit now.

Alright, so anyone who's been on the Facebook page the past few days knows that I have been obessively watching Shane Dawson videos on YouTube. Ususally he's all goofy, and silly, you know? He isn't always like that though, he does have some serious ones. He has one where he talks about his issues with his dad, one about flaws where he quotes Hannah Montana, questioning why you were ever born, and the one I most recently watched, one about bullying and suicide.

             It really spoke to me. I don't really know why it spoke to me the way it did, but it did. I think it spoke to me because he opened up on camera to thousands of people. Not only did he tell his story, but he asked about others. He seemed geniune about it too, and honestly, that's rare. Especially on the internet! So many people on the internet seem to be trolling one another, and purposely insulting someone or something. Real life is just like that too, and it shouldn't be like that.

     The video I made, is similar to my lyric videos in style, but I do not use lyrics. I used my own words, just trying to reach out to people. I used a very beatiful song, that actually gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling when I first heard it, in the background. The song in it is "I Will Be There" by Art Of Dying, and I used it because it flat out says, "I will be there when nothing works and no one cares." Not a lot of people ever say that, or when they do, they don't mean it. I find that very shameful, because at some point in time, we're all going to need someone.
     
            We're taught as small children, "treat others the way we wanna be treated.", but so many people forgot that golden rule. I've always said my weakness is that I care too much, that's why my theme song is "Scars" by Papa Roach. Everyone knows that, I make it very clear. I try to be that person that's always there for people, and sometimes I'm there even when I don't really wanna be. I don't know why really, I guess I just try to make up for those who aren't like that without really thinking about it.

        In the video I made, I made sure to tell people that if they wanted, they can even talk to me about stuff. I said on YouTube, but even on Facebook or email. I want to make a difference, which, as I've mentioned before is why I am going into the music journalism business. It makes myself happy, helps out the bands, and could possibly save someone's life. Music is my escape, and it is for many others too. Someone's heart and soul goes into most songs, and if you listen carefully, you can tell.

             Um...so that's kinda why I made the video. I coulda made an actual video of me talking, but I feel I get my point across better if I write instead of talk. That and I was too lazy to make a video. If you haven't seen Shane's video, go watch it. Or I guess you could click right here to watch Shane's video, or right here to watch mine. Shane's is better, obviously. There you go, there you have it. Maybe I'll actually get around to making videos. I don't know, that still makes me a bit nervous. I'm not sure how I feel about it. People should tell me what they think. I mean, I'm a boring person, so I don't even know what the fuck I'd talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment