Monday, February 20, 2012

Don't let the world define you.

Don't you just love when lyrics get you thinking? They seem to inspire my thinking a lot. Today, I was listening to NeverShoutNever, and I never really have before. Obviously, I know who he is, but I generally am not into that genre. I watched a couple interviews with Christopher Drew and decided I needed to hear more of his music, as I only knew "Happy."

           One song, "On The Brightside", made me start thinking. "You're only as tall as your heart will let you be, and you're only as small as the world will make you seem .." What I took that to mean is as long as you have the heart to do what you want in life, the world can't define you.

        Obstacles will always be in your way, so what do you do? Do you find a way around it, or do you give up and go home? Most of the time, people find a way around it, or through it, but some do give up. Sometimes you have to, but usually you don't have to give up, you simply choose to. If you choose not to, that makes you a bigger, better person. Which is why Chris says, "If you look on the brightside, you're roughly six feet tall."

         Pyshcially, I am a small person. I am not even five foot, and yes, it bothers me greatly. Mentally though, I am six feet talls. I don't really let obstacles keep me down, but they're everywhere. If you let them get the best of you, you'll never reach your dreams. We all know I can't have any of that nonsense in my life. I am a dreamer, and one days most of them will be a reality.  Life doesn't have to be boring, and since you only live once, why not live it up?

1 comment:

  1. I am short as well. I have never let that stand in my way of achieving dreams. My problem is I don't dream high enough.

    ReplyDelete