Friday, February 3, 2012

Ok, what the fuck, society?

  I was thinking about writing a blog about looks because of a Bryan Stars video, which you can view below, but now I feel I must write one because of an article I just read. It was shared by Rod Collins of the British band Ravenface, and normally I do not read articles people share, but this one I had to talk about.


    The article talks about tattoos, and states, "So what’s more attractive than a girl with a nice body? I’ll tell you what: a girl with class. Looks may not last, but class does. And so do tattoos. An elegant woman does not vandalize the temple she has been blessed with as her body."

   Excuse me, but how is it vandalisim? Explain yourself, woman! Tattoos, unless you get a drunken one, are generally chosen for reason. If you ask me, while yes, your body is a temple, your body is also YOURS. Do whatever you so please with it! Tattoos are rarely gotten without reasoning, and they can be very beautiful and even tasteful.

     Tattoos are art, not graffiti. You can read the article right here and watch the Bryan Stars video at the bottom of this blog.

         What I gathered from the entire article is that this woman is not only off her nut, but she has an old fashioned way of thinking about women. She basically just said in the article that women are supposed to work on their bodies to "improve" them, and they're supposed to flaunt it somewhat, but not too much or they'll be a slut.

             Lady, this is the 21st century! I don't know about you, but I dress how I dress, and do my makeup the way I do because I enjoy it. Your little argument about "will you really get anything out of this?" is stupid. Not everything in life will teach you anything, or make you a better person. A lot of things in life are just done for your own enjoyment. There's nothing wrong with that, so why do you have to knit pick it? I'm 18, and I plan on getting my first tattoo this year. It won't be anything big, but I sitll want one, and if someone's going to look down on me for it, then they can fuck off. Its judgmental people in the world just like her that have screwed up society so much. I'm dead serious about that.

       That goes with what Bryan was saying in his video. Some people are into the "emo" or "scene" or "gothic" look, and some people hate it. I personally, do dress "emo", or sometimes "goth", when I feel like it. I have really come to realize that people who dress in band t-shirts, black clothing, Tripp brands, and chains, and paint their nails black, and put crazy colors in their hair are some of the nicest people.

         A good share of them have been picked on, or been through a lot of hell with their friends or family. A good majority of the people who dress that way turn to music for strength, to be there when nobody else seems to be. Some people dress that way because they feel like nobody accepts them anyways so why not just dress weird. I don't dress like that for such a reason, I just do it because I like it.

       My favorite outfit is a pair of Tripps, a band t-shirt, my knock off converse, and dark makeup. A lot of people feel that way, but yet a lot of the world actually look down on those who dress that way. Its not right. The world is too judgmental.

     Its people like that article lady who drive people to sucide. I bet anything she was a bully as a child, or a snob. You know, that one girl who always dressed so "prim and proper", and would come to school with her hair perfectly done and sucked up to the teacher? Yeah, we all knew a kid like that.
   Fuck going to the gym, and changing your hair style just because you want a  change. That's not always enough. I will always be the one who will change my hair color, get pierced and tattooed and shops at Hot Topic and Spencers. The one who goes to concerts and will strike up conversations with total strangers soley because I knew have something in common. There's nothing wrong with it. We all are, who we are and we should be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment