Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When bands fall apart...

All bands come to an end at some point, sadly. Sometimes its due to line up changes, deaths, or simply they don't care anymore. Sometimes, bands disappearing fromt he face of the Earth aren't even announced or planned. I am beginning to wonder if that's about to happen with Escape The Fate. They've been having issues (no pun intended) since roughly August of 2011. First their guitarist, Bryan Monte Money decided he no longer wished to tour, so they more or less replaced him with Kevin Thrasher from LoveHateHero, then Max Green began having problems. He wasn't on some of their European tour, and a few dates for the Uproar Festival. That was due to a D.U.I, but nobody knows why he wasn't on the Europe shows. It was rumored to be because of rehab for a second time, but Max recently posted on his Twitter saying he was online in rehab once, in December 2010.

            Then, just recently as well, it came out that Max had been kicked out of Escape The Fate, and rumors of Falling In Reverse's bassist, Mika replacing him have started swirling around. I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with ETF. All this drama, plus Craig will be releasing a solo album sometime this year.

          Under these curcumstances, when a lead singer releases a solo album while there's turmoil within the band, that can be a sign of nothing good. Its not always bad, but usually that seems to be the singer's way of seeing how many followers they can get on their own. I'm not saying I am not happy about Craig making a solo album, as I am most defentily looking forward to it. I like Craig Mabbitt, he's probably one of my favorite singers,  but I don't feel like this is a good sign for the future of ETF.

     I'm still honestly mad that they kicked out Max, I don't feel they had the right. He was the last remaining original member, if anyone was allowed to kick anyone out, it should have been him. That still irks me, and probably always will. Seriously though, I don't know what to think with Craig and this whole ordeal with ETF. I also really am not sure I believe the rumors of Mika joining ETF. That just sounds like either a bad idea, or a vicious rumor that fans started because they'd love to see the two bands mesh. I don't think that'd be a good idea. Again, not to use an ETF pun, but I feel like there'd be a lot of bad blood between them if they ever mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment