Saturday, March 17, 2012

Random Blog #11: Street Art

Where I live, you don't see a lot of "street art", or as others may know it, graffiti. Personally though, I think its quite cool. I have a friend who goes to an art college in Georgia and she has showed me pictures of some of the graffiti around there. A lot of it is quite lovely, and to be honest, I feel like if its done right, it could make someone's day a whole lot brighter.

       Art is a wonderful thing, so wouldn't it be cool to go into certain parts of a town and see a mural of different art styles on every wall, sidewalk and road? Alright, forget the road part, that could get rather dangerous.

  Sure, there's some bad graffiti that is either poorly done, or vulgar. That being said, I say if you run, say a venue that holds rock concerts or something, even vulgar works of art are alright. I think more towns should allow it, because it can bring character to a building or town.

        Think about it, we all want to decorate our way, but at least here in America, there's so many laws about how you can decorate the outside of your house. Why though? What does it really matter? I personally think its a way to express yourself, much like anything else in this world.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment