Saturday, March 17, 2012

Random topic #12: Leaving home for the first time

We all have to do it sometime, its just life, but has anyone ever thought of how hard it really is? I am not moving out on my own, but in a way, I am moving out. Everyone knows that I am going to Indiana to stay with my best friend for six months, and as the date gets closer, my mother has made it more clear how much she doesn't want me to go.

      She isn't trying to stop me, but she has informed me that she's cried in the arms of friends thinking about it, and of how much she is totally dreading this. I know its totally normal, but it sort of breaks my heart a little. I wasn't too concerned about it until one day last week, when she informed me that I am her favorite person in the entire world.

        A lot of people aren't that close with their mothers, but I am really close with my mother. We can talk about just about anything. I guess you could say we're 'friends', I just personally choose not to say that. I now feel like an awful person leaving her for six months, I really do. I still want to go, but I can't help but feel terrible for it.

        She hasn't tried to make me feel guilty, she's only expressed her feelings, but I feel awful...can anyone make this better?

No comments:

Post a Comment