Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Random Blog #9: The 90's Are All That (Teen Nick)

 I was up all night last night. When I say all night, I quite litterally mean all night. I slept for about an hour and a half and woke up. Its 7 am, and I woke up at 1:22 in the fucking morning. I'm sure you can imagine how I feel right now. One good thing came out of it though, not only did I write three album reviews, but I got to watch what Teen Nick calls "The 90's Are All That."
           For those who don't know, that's a four hour block of nothing but old, 90's shows like Kenan & Kel, All That, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, ect. Except the did break that a bit last night, they played two episodes of Rugrats that were from 2001, not the 90's. Whatever though, I enjoyed it. They came up with that after thousands of people went to Nickelodon saying they need a channel just for the old Nickelodon stuff, because the new shows suck. Of course though, they didn't fully listen to people.
       Don't get me wrong, they have a few good ones. iCarly was good for a while, but is slowly getting less funny, Victorious is alright, and I do like How To Rock, but its sort of their verison of That's So Raven. Not even kidding, they totally redid an episode of That's So Raven a few weeks ago, I'm not sure how Nick got away with that.

  Back onto my topic, bare with me, guys, I'm running on practically no sleep.  I was watching TV last night, and I woke up about half way through Kenan And Kel, so I watched that, and then Rugrats came on. It was actually a two part episode, and it was right before Kimi came into the picture. I actually did remember this episode, it was the one where they went to the drive in, and the babies end up making this whole big scenerio about Angelica making an evil robot Reptar after she kidnapped the real Reptar and sent the robot one to destroy the town. So many thoughts came to mind, but this was after I noticed something.

           Near the beginning of the episode, you see Grandpa Lou's liscence plate, and it says simply, "Im Old." Why had I never noticed that before? Another thing I noticed was the movie they were seeing was supposed to be a Japanese movie dubbed in English. I'm not sure why I never noticed before, but they even did that thing where the mouths move faster than the words actually come like real Japanese movies. I may have noticed that when I was younger, but I do not remember.

     I also was sitting there thinking, "How can they fit so much evil into a three year old little girl?" I mean, she's a brat and everyone knows it, but then she goes and makes something to destroy a city just because she got bored of seeing the same things happen in the Reptar movies. I was like, "She probably weighs like fourty pounds, maybe, so where the hell does all the evil go? Does she have a good bone in her body?" She can be good, she just rarely is. Also, according to Chuckie at least, the entire time span of the show up to 2001 at least was only three months in the actual show. I know this because they were talking about flying that Reptar wagon, and Chuckie being the worrier he is, said something along the lines of, "Tommy, you've only been walking about three months, I don't think you should be flying."

           I was like seriously?! Tommy walks in the very first episode, techincally in the unaired pilot to be exact (which was actually made in '91, not '92) so it took them nine/ ten years to go through three months? I bet the entire series was only one year then. I believe it ended in 2004 or so? I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to actually look it up. No wonder they only celebrated Tommy's birthday once, in the first episode. Did they ever celebrate Phil And Lil's birthday, or anyone's except for Tommy and that Timmy kid? I don't remember any parties or anyone else. Oh, and of course Dill, but then again, not really. He was born in the first movie, and they never had him have his first birthday.

  Oh the realizations about the shows you watched as a kid. They can be so much fun. 'Course who would have ever thought someone would put this much thought into Rugrats, but that's something I do. I've noticed I overthink a lot anyways, but I think even more so in the middle of the night, if I'm wide awake. If I'm actually trying to sleep, then no. I just think about the fact that I want sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment