Sunday, March 11, 2012

Random topic #7: Emo does not mean EVIL (And Christwire)

  "Emo" kids are always harshly judged because they wear black clothing, dye their hair crazy colors, and listen to what society likes to call "Satanic" music. So people deem them "evil". Um, no! Emo means emotional, dumbasses who think every "emo" person worships the devil.

            I came across an article today that outraged me, as I am one of those "emo kids", on Christwire.com. I've heard about this site before, as they've bashed people I enjoy like Bryan Stars and I believe Black Veil Brides. This particular article states,
"However they have stood up and ended the threat of the emos though barbaric and unsurprising means characteristic of their usual nature."

       Emos are not a threat! This article makes it sound like people who dress/ act emo are going to be serial killers or something. It was brought to my attention, as I was writing this, that Christwire is actually a site mocking the judgmental Christian commuinty.  That's something else I don't get. If you don't like those sorts of people, why make up an entire site so you could act just like them?

     I personally say, if you don't like something,don't discuss it a lot, and certainly don't make a site about it. That's just stupid. I'm aware that sound somewhat hypocritcal, considering I am currently bitching about a site that I dislike, but this is slightly different. Its one thing to rant, and its one thing to bring awareness to it, but its another thing to hate on it. I feel like the people at Christwire could be using their time so much more wisely.
             What do you guys think? How do you feel about Christwire or this topic even? Leave a comment and tell me. You can also read the article that irritated me by clicking right here. I'm still unclear on what "emosexual" is..

No comments:

Post a Comment