Thursday, March 22, 2012

Random Blog #15: Making a name for youself (and how I am doing it!)

We all know I am not famous, and I do not claim to be, but I do feel like one day my name will be well known. This is because I actually learn something from all the time I spend watching videos on YouTube, and how many hours I spend on Facebook.

            I know that sounds insane. "You can't learn from watching YouTubers or sitting on Facebook. You're bloody insane!" Yes, you're suddenly British, and like to say "bloody" in place of where we Americans say, "fucking". That is untrue though! You can learn things. If you admin a page, pay attention to the other pages. What they post, and how they interact with the fans of the page. Also pay attention to how much they post, and what they post.

   I personally like the pages that actually try to strike up conversation with the fans, and will respond to the comments. For some reason, not a lot of people do that, they just sort of see the comments and never respond. I don't understand why not, because the interaction is fun!

  As I've mentioned before, I feel like I write these blogs as if I am talking to a camera. I've been told people like my style, and I personally really like the way Bryan Stars will make random videos just talking to his fans about whatever comes to his mind, as well as the important stuff. Or how people like DeeFizzy and Shane Dawson will just 'vlog' and talk to their fans as if they really knew every single one of them. How Shane will go all Shananay on someone's ass one second and then be asking "What's your favorite food?" the next. If you do not know what I'm talking about, go watch some of his main channel videos. You'll know Shanaynay as soon as you see her. Trust me, she's hard to miss.

    Then DeeFizzy, he is simply just crazy and adorable. He says he's socially awkward, but he's so comfortable talking to people through YouTube. I personally am not socially awkward, in fact, I am the person who won't hesitate to walk right up to someone and start talking to them in the middle of Wal-Mart, but I like that freedom. I'd be making videos too, just ranting and raving about shit, if I had a camera that had good audio. I've complained about that before, and if you have read my other blogs, you know that.

   I guess I just picked up how they act, and how I act normally, and just sort of fused them together to make my own style. I think whenever I get famous, having all these aspects will help a lot. I am serious when I say one day I will not only do the whole Bryan Stars thing where I interview people, do random music questions, and videos about the things going on in the music world. I also want to do vlogs like Deefizzy. I'd say Shane, but he does them every single day, and quite frankly, my life for the most part (at least for now) is boring, nobody wants to see that all the time.

      So really, there's only a few steps to actually making yourself known. I'm still in the middle of the "I know what I'm doing, just nobody else knows it yet" stage. Check out the steps below, see if you agree with me, and if you have a dream these steps may apply to, go for it!

Step 1: Figure out what works for you.
If you're going to be a writer, like myself, not all writing styles work. I really can't explain mine, because these blogs, and the site aren't like stories where its in first person, or thrid person. Possibly even second, though I've never personally been clear on what that is. I guess techincally you can write in a style like that, since I am writing in first person, but I do think most blogs are actually in first person. Just because blogs are supposed to be personal, and first person really does that.

     You can figure out what works for you by reading other blogs, even if they aren't about something you want to write about. Or you can do what I do and watch YouTubers, and sort of copy how they talk and turn it into a writing style. It sounds hard, but its really not. Writers will understand.

Step 2: Put your style into action!
All this means is you set your mind to it and do it! Much like I did with everything I write on Immortal Music. After you've done a little bit of it, share it with the world! Like, go share it on pages on Facebook. Your profile, your page, and pages that have similar topics. All of it will help! Facebook is your friend, just so you know. It actually really can help you a lot.

After that, you basically just have to keep it up. Contiune working on it, and spreading it around. Eventually, you will get known. :) See? Its true, you really can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Ok, you can do anything except fly. Please do not try that without a plane, helicopter, or jet. That will result in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment