Monday, March 19, 2012

Random Blog #13: Caring about people, doesn't mean you're "motherly."

 I have the one video on YouTube, that is for some reason insanely popular. Its a lyric video for "Not Strong Enough" by Apocalyptica featuring Shinedown's Brent Smith. People comment on it daily, and every so often, someone will comment with some troubling posts. I'm sure some of them are just for attention, but hopefully there actually is something wrong, and they aren't just looking for attention.

           I see a lot of people saying things like "Death is sweeter than life", and "I'm not strong enough to stay alive." Both of those are real comments that have been posted on my "Not Strong Enough" video, and naturally, I wanted to respond. If they were serious about what they said, just one comment from me could possibly brighten their spirits a little bit and get them to think a bit before they did something harsh.

       I've done this several times now, and this morning I woke up to a reply from another person saying, "If you are a girl, you are a mother. You're too motherly. You're not human." So many questions rose when I read this. I am a girl, who does really care about others, but how does that make me a mother? Also, how in the hell can you be 'too motherly'? Or for that matter, how the FUCK does that make me something inhuman? Seriously, what the hell?

        Look, I know sympathy, and real compassion has become a fleeting thing in today's society, but it is indeed real. I don't know why, but I always feel like I should reach out to some people who need it. Yes, sometimes I'm setting myself to be made fun of because they really didn't need help, but I fell for their act. If anything, that's just them being cruel. You shouldn't ever fake something for attention, there's plenty other ways to get attention.

        I've been hurt before, infact, I've been hurt to the point I didn't want to care about a single person for months. So, I didn't care about much of anything for quite some time, but that's not me, so I'm back to caring about people. I just have learned now that there's a line. If people cross that line, then I'm done, and they will have to really earn my trust back, and get me to care about them again. That's the challange.

  Anyways, I don't know what that person was thinking. I seriously do not understand how caring about people when you're a girl automatically makes you an inhuman mother. Its just like what the fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment