Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random topic #3: What guys think girls want, and what they really want.

 Guys and girls think vastly different, that's common knowledge. I've come to realize the majority of guys seem to think girls only want assholes who are going to treat them wrong. Being a girl, I know that is not true. Not generally, anyways, some girls are only attracted to assholes, but not every girl. 

        I started thinking about this topic yet again after listening to "Gentlemen" by Theory Of A Deadman. If you have not heard that song, please take a moment to listen to it below before reading on. I have posted a YouTube video for the song right below this sentence.

      Not long after I heard this song for the first time, I mentioned it to a couple of my guy friends. I simply wanted their take on things, and they agreed with the song. "Girls don't want a gentlemen, they say they do but in the end girl's don't want a gentlemen." They said that nice guys finish last and its always the jerks that get the girl. This thought has bothered me a bit, because I personally don't like it when a guy acts like a dick to impress his friends, and then acts sweet around me. That's simply being two faced, and that is not right to me.

        As said before, yes, some girls only do go for these assholes who really don't have a good bone in their body. That's because either the girl was desperate, he faked being a nice guy and now she's just feeling conflicted on what to do, for whatever reason they enjoy being pushed around or ignored, or its all about looks or their 'status'. I feel like the most common reason is actually because these guys are two faced. They'll act one way around their girlfriend, and another around everyone else.  However, in high school though, it seems like another one high up on the list is someone's social status or looks. Some girls are shallow, and will only date a guy because of how they look, or if they're rich or popular.

        Here's how I see it, and I want all the guys to pay attention to this. Not all girls are the same, so don't assume we are. Before you go saying, "Well, I'm a nice guy and because of that, I get put in the 'friend zone'.", you guys do that to girls too! Not only does it work both ways, but some girls actually consider their guy friends first. Many of us know that friendships make better relationships, you just have to be willing to risk the friendship. It is a big risk, but that's a whole other subject. Maybe I'll discuss that tomorrow.
      Most girls just want a guy who'll keep their thoughts and opinions in mind, who'll be there for them without being too clingy, who'll listen and be faithful. Most of us don't care if you go out with your friends, or want to stay home and play on the Xbox instead of hanging out with us, we just don't like it when you don't answer your texts or phone, because then we get worried. Yes, we get jealous sometimes, but so do most guys, right? I personally, am not a jealous type, and a lot of girls aren't, but if you give them the reason to be jealous, they will be jealous.

   Don't assume we're all the same, because no two humans are ever the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment